Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A December Daybook


I'm in a bit of a slump...maybe it is the fast that the sun sets at about five PM....but this post is where I am today...
Outside my window...the orange tree is loaded with fruit. Just on time. We need the Vitamin C. 

I am thinking...that we need more Advent songs!

I am thankful...for the season of Advent (Nativity Fast); it seems to expand time. When everyone is stressed out because Christmas will come and go on December 25th, that is just the beginning for my family. We celebrate for twelve days beginning December 25th..
In the kitchen...I'm making cam chowder and figuring out how to use the random vegetables from our CSA box.

I am wearing...a black t-shirt and black pants...a bit boring just like this post...I'll change before I go out!

I am creating...ruffled skirts for the girl cousins. I hope my machine will behave.

I am going...to help my children finish their cousin Christmas cards.

I am wondering.... about this text in preparation for Christmas...

"Christ is born! Glorify Him! Christ descends from the heavens, welcome Him!
Christ is now on earth, O be jubilant!
Sing to the Lord, the whole earth,
And sing praises to Him with joy, O ye people,
For He has been exalted!"...
I am reading...The Fathers Know Best by Jimmy Akin. If you ever wondered what the early, early Church taught and thought, read this book.

I am hoping...to see The Hobbit as early as possible, perhaps an early morning showing. We'll see it alone together, and then we will take the big girls. This is an exceedingly rare 'theater' movie for us. We usually wait and use Netflix.

I am looking forward to...my 60 year old bachelor uncle's wedding at the new year!

I am learning...that I shouldn't wait until December to start Christmas crafting...

Around the house...Boy is playing Lego, making boats and planes and not asking to watch a video
I am pondering...this text in preparation for Christmas
"The Son who was born of the Father
Before all ages, and in this latter day
Was made incarnate of the Virgin
Without seed; Christ our God"
A favorite quote for today..."We all long for [Eden], and we are constantly glimpsing it: our whole nature at its best and least corrupted, its gentlest and most humane, is still soaked with the sense of ‘exile’. " JRR Tolkien

One of my favorite things...Thai Iced tea- too delicious...yum...

A few plans for the rest of the week: prepare the final week of my college classes- then on to Christmas break!
find more daybooks at a simple woman's daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)