Friday, September 28, 2012

Veronikon- True Images of Jesus & His Mother

image- veronikon
The artist says: "These are reliefs of the Holy Face (shroud of Turin) and the image face of Our Lady of Guadalupe made in Tufstone (sculptural plaster). The plaster is sealed and painted with base coat of ivory and a gilded glaze defines the lines and features. Each Veronikon dyptich is dated and signed and comes with a transferable guarantee of repair or replacement should there be a structural defect in the manufacture for the life of the artist. There is a drip plate recessed in the foreground to accommodate a vigil or tea light.

I have a devotion to the Holy Face and when I was ten years old my parents made a pilgrimage from Canada to Mexico to consecrate our family to Our Lady of Guadalupe. So this is a very personal piece for me and I am very conscientious of serving Christ in its making."

1 comment:

  1. I purchased a hand-made crucifix from this artist and was very impressed with his workmanship and artistry. I believe it is also on his veronikon.etsy store website. I suggest you take a look at it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)