Friday, December 31, 2010

A Blessed New Year


St Basil the Great, Archbishop of Caesarea in Cappadocia

Your proclamation has gone out into all the earth
Which was divinely taught by hearing your voice
Expounding the nature of creatures,
Ennobling the manners of men.
O holy father of a royal priesthood,
Entreat Christ God that our souls may be saved.

You were revealed as the sure foundation of the Church,

Granting all men a lordship which cannot be taken away,
Sealing it with your precepts,
O Venerable and Heavenly Father Basil.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I found your wonderful blog through Ric Ballard's Eastern Catholic Spiritual Renewal. As I was looking for where to subscribe, I was surprised to find myself already here! :D My videos with the monks of HRM is in your sidebar. With God's grace, I hope to expand that project this year. I just started with a humble blog at http://yourwordfromthewise.blogspot.com/

    Once the printed content is running smoothly, I hope to start doing more videos. I will definitely be checking back here regularly. What a treasure your blog is!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)